Enhancing motivation of older learners to learn through cultural materials
ERASMUS+ Project 2020-1-DE02-KA204-007391
The COMPASS initiative responds to the shared need among partner countries to motivate older learners to be more active in lifelong learning. Educators will need special techniques and strategies to motivate seniors to improve their foreign language skills. COMPASS aims at using new training opportunities to enhance the professional development of adult educators who work with older adults. These adult educators will then be able to help develop foreign language learning materials based on the cultural heritage of the senior learners.
The educators participating in the face-to-face learning activity will monitor the work of informal study groups of older learners who will collaborate to develop Digital Books. The older learners will have the support of the adult educators while they prepare foreign language materials based on their own communities and cultures. At the same time, adult educators will enhance their knowledge of instructional design in informal and non-formal foreign language learning environments as well as increase the social inclusion of older learners.
COMPASS project will trigger adult learners’ motivation to engage in a lifelong learning process while raising appreciation of local and common European heritage
Improve the professional development of adult educators through new training opportunities to develop heritage based learning materials for foreign learners.
– an open platform with a Tool Bank for adult educators
– a blended course “Cultural Narratives as a motivational trigger for learning in older learners” for adult educators
– a Digital Book “COMPASS: Constructing Identity through Cultural memory”
– virtual geocaching cultural routes
– Kreisvolkshochschule Norden (Coordinator) – https://kvhs-norden.de – Germany
– DomSpain – www.domspain.es – Spain
– Zini Foundation – http://zinifoundation.eu – Latvia
– Dante –www.dante-ri.hr – Croatia
– Polygonal – https://www.polygonal.ngo – Italy
– UNAVE – https://www.unave.pt – Portugal
– Universidade de Aveiro – https://www.ua.pt – Portugal
– Newsletter # 1, JULHO DE 2021
– Newsletter # 2, DEZEMBRO 2021
– Newsletter # 3, JUNHO 2022
– Newsletter # 4, MAIO 2023